Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beloved Jonathan

On June 3rd a year will have passed since you left us. But time is an illusion...it is like a moment ago...and the loss of you will always be happening in the NOW.
They say "Life goes on," but, no, it stopped for a time, and when it resumed it was not the same, and never will be, since you left.
But we are trying to replace our deep sorrow with positive thoughts and find new sources of happiness and "adventure" to anticipate. That's what you would want us to do, for you were kind and warm and caring. You would not want us to go on being sad.
We miss you, Jonathan. We love you. You are in our hearts, always and forever. We conjure up your sweet face with every single thought of you.
Be at peace, darling boy.
Your loving mother, and David, your step-dad.

1 comment:

Friends of Jonathan Gorrie said...

Despite my efforts to understand, I am still bruised and bewildered; it has been humbling to understand that I will never understand. I can not think my way out of this and I have grown to accept that. If nothing else, I understand that each moment is a unique gift that I have been given; a gift that comes with no guarantee that future ones will follow and, in that understanding, I bring Jonathan into each moment. I try to live my life with joy and gratitude in the awareness that it is precious and temporary and I don't want this gift to be wasted on me.