Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jonathan, a gentle soul


Jonathan came into my life in 1982, when I met his mother through her writing. He, his brother Chris, and his mother were living in a humble home in the back woods of Maine. Gradually, Jonathan and Chris accepted me in their lives as the love between their mother and me grew. Our relationship had it ups and downs, but in its own time became strong as trust among us grew.
Jonathan is one of the finest human beings I know. He was and is an inspiration to me. His gentle sweetness and generosity were of guru proportion, something I can only hope to attain someday. I felt like his father, like his friend, but most of all, an admirer.
I watched him grow from the age of twelve when I met him, finding his way through music and the arts, pantomime and film, as he grew into adulthood, exploring, communing with his muses and sharing those visions with the people around him.
I feel Jonathan is with me now. I see his smiling gentle eyes in the dark at night, when I can’t sleep, because I miss him. May he forever be with me and the people he loved.
David, his stepfather and friend

No comments: