Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Remembering Jonathan

I was very sad to hear of Jonathan's passing. Jonathan and I worked together when he was with us at the casting agency on Cry-Baby and other projects. I never knew him to be anything other than funny, creative, supremely subtle, calm, endearingly quirky, and just plain cool.

We laughed a lot. I could throw him a look and he'd crack up as if he knew what I was thinking. I kept repeating the same inside jokes we had and he'd laugh just as hard each time. Somehow, he got my sense of humor. But really I think Jonathan laughed and smiled so easily because he had this remarkably gentle, kind spirit.

Though it had been several years since I last spoke to him, something would make me think of him now and then. Such thoughts came just a few weeks ago, as if we were back in the office ten years in the past, sharing a chuckle.

Thank you for the tea and laughs, Jonathan. I miss you.

-- Adam F.

No comments: