Thursday, June 19, 2008

Posting by Tim Clark

One of the fond memories I have of Jon is of a fall day in Maine, I'd say the year was 1986 and I was walking up the Gore Road. I'd finished practice and jumped off the after school bus at the Terrell's house where the Gore Road began at the fork and was walking home. I'd made it about a third of the way when a car passes me and slows down to a stop. I want to say it was a brown Nova, but couldn't swear to it, however, I can say that when I reached for the passenger door the car lurched forward with a start. I thought, OK, someone's having some fun with me, well they did it two more times, at this point I'd thought, "nope not falling for it again" and as I started to walk past without reaching for the door, the passenger door flew open and it was Jon and Mark McKay, they were both giggling and laughing which I couldn't help but burst into laughter as well. It was one of those times that we all laughed as I got in the car and we rode off for the house. We three prattled on about nonsensical and whimsical things the rest of the way as the day grew dark. Again this is one of the memories I have of Jon being a good soul and helping someone but at the same time being a trickster. I'm truly saddened to hear of his passing and wanted to share the memory.

- Tim Clark

No comments: